Friday, March 01, 2013

New loves …

 

ROOMBA!   I have named her Ruby.  Or, rather, Roobie.  Anyone out there have one of these?   I already wish I had bought the one with the timer.  But if she makes life a bit easier, I think she is worth the expense, even for the close-out model I bought.   Hit the button, and she zooms around for almost two hours.  Talk about set it and forget it!  She docks herself for re-charging.  Just for doing the little pick-up bit of vac’ing that needs doing almost daily – pet hair, kitty litter, kitchen crumbs…. she’s pretty good so far!   Deep clean will still require the big, lug it around vac, but little Roobie is charming so far!

 

As Seen on TV NutriBullet Nutrition Extraction System

Next is the Nutribullet!   On that health quest, dontchaknow.   Succumbed to the QVC/HSN syndrome and bought this one.  And it is just what I was after.  Mix up a green smoothie every evening for dinner most nights.  Here’s my main recipe:   About 5 brussel sprouts; big spring of broccoli, stick of celery, chunk of cucumber, handful of frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 scoop of protein powder mix (*Idealean). Add water to the fill line.   Zip/zap for 20 seconds.  DELICIOUS!   Been doing this for a couple of weeks now, and I am craving these smoothies.   This thing couldn’t be easier to use or easier to clean.  Rinse under the tap.  That’s it.   I figure this must surely save me about 200-400 calories or more per day?  Hopefully that will show on  my body one day!  Soon.  I hope.  One of the best $99 I’ve ever spent.

 

DSC_4775

Kept Baby Caleb for a while today while his daddy recovered from the same strep throat this boy had for a while.  Kymmie had it too but was well enough to go back to work.  Hopefully, Poppy and Grammy won’t get it.   Please note the Firefly book he likes to read at Grammy’s house.  Who’s the famous illustrator amongst us?

8 comments:

Aunty Belle said...

Roobie?!! Ha! Need that....but, does she know rugs form floors? Does she zip along over floors, then adjust t if she encounters a rug? ( no carpet, just flattish rugs)

The nutribullet looks awesome, and yore recipe is one way to git yore green vittles!!

Tha Caleb is a charmer! An' knows good art from bland....have that same firefly, Ande collector that Aunty be. HHS.

Youse inspired me...ain't never bought nothin' from the tele.

Aunty Belle said...

U, not HHs, tha's HA HA. ( the pad thingy doan type wif' cracker speak so good)

Pam said...

Aunty, that's what Roobie does -- she zips along at a random pattern and adjusts herself for rugs and flat floors. She has only got caught up once on a rug here that she couldnt' get on top of, so she just turned herself around and went back the other way. I am loving her so far. We sat it today to run while we went for a long walk, was done when we got home. Empty the little bin. Done!

The Nutribullet can be picked up at other stores -- I see reviews where Bed Bath & Beyond has them and you can also download a coupon to get 20% off. I am thinking about buying one to take to the office. I could pick up salad bar items and zap them together. Raw broccoli, not for me -- mixed in the smoothie, I never taste it.

I need to up my Ande collection myself :)

Anonymous said...

Hello to all and sundry on this bad forum. Moderate ease up on me introduce myself. I am engine- driver and i am event this website :
lig tv izle
Waiting to all these friends.
King Regards

Anonymous said...

Hello to every one on this bad forum. Include me imbue myself. I am professional and i am running this website :
kok hucre sac ekimi
Waiting benefit of all these friends.
Best regards

fishy said...

Pam,
Did you know in Europe they have lawnmowers that work like your Roobie? They know where to go and mow because little sensors are placed into the ground so they know not to run over the tulips and such. They never have been successful here because of two reasons:
the size of American lawns and
the size of American liability laws! Too bad, I know many a homeowner who would love one!

I was away for the weekend and had a yummy greeney smoothie and a dessert smoothie made from a banana, almond milk and coco powder.

Unfortunately, none of my friends with grands want to give them away.

Nice to see you back on the blogs.

Buzz Kill said...

I can't tell you the amount of grief I got from The Mrs. for giving her one of these a few years ago. I won't go into it, but she hates it. You gave me a vacuum for my birthday (it wasn't the only gift), it doesn't do a good job, blah blah blah.

I think it's great as a supplement to regular vacuuming. You just have to make sure there's no obstacles, phone charging wires or furniture that's low enough to jam the thing. After that, it's all good. I'm amazed at how much it picks up. I secretly use it in the bedrooms when The Mrs. is away. The hopper is full after each room, and I like how it gets under the beds. All the normal people I know really like it. Good luck with it.

pam said...

Buzzy, I think you can't win on household appliances as gifts for bday or christmas --- that has to be one of those, hey I saw this on sale and thought it might be handy to help ME out around the house as I help YOU out!

I agree -- not the best but helpful in its own way.